BY: Craig Vear
Composer, Craig Vear, set out with the British Antarctic Survey to discover the silence and the music of this awe inspiring continent; the music of ice, sea, wind and wildlife, but along the way he found something he was not looking for, something that lies at the heart of every great adventure.
Antarctica: a surround sound, electro -acoustic composition by Craig Vear is presented on DVD and features:
* Multi angle visuals (black screen, color wash, photo montage)
* Dolby 5.1 surround / stereo / Director's commentary
* 88 page book containing unique Antarctic images, the composer's Guardian Diaries, detailed descriptions of the composition and recordings, plus transcriptions of the voices used in the composition's 'Vocal Quartets'
* 5 Antarctic Solitudes.. 5 new short films created from archive Antarctic film footage
* 76° South.. The composer's video journal
* Antarctic Sounds.. CD containing Antarctic field recordings
View All Reviews
Add A Review