This 30 minute DVD makes crafting fun with the added bonus that these projects reinforce things learned in school. Each Hands On Crafts For Kids Series has its own theme with at least five craft projects; each visit fun locations and each profiles kids that use their crafts to help others. North Pole & South Pole: Top & Bottom of the World, teaches that cold weather and snow create a unique habitat for the hardiest of plants and animals of the Arctic and Antarctica.
1. Just Floating Along - There are actually two types of icebergs: tabular, or flat tops, and glacier, which have a higher area above water. In both cases most of the iceberg is below the surface. Watch some penguins having fun on the surface of an Antarctic tabular iceberg.
2. Inukshuk - Inukshuk are small piles of stones arranged in the likeness of a person. The Inuit people use them as trail markers indicating safe passage. Our stones are made of styrofoam and are very light weight.
3. Sparkling Snowflakes - We all know that no two snowflakes are alike; so here we create our own design with sparkling highlights made from glue.
4. Arctic & Antarctic Bookmark Magnets - Some of the inhabitants of the Arctic have come in from the cold as a paper bookmark. You'll never lose your place with this unique method involving magnets.
5. Polar Bears - What's white and fuzzy, but not really cuddly? A polar bear! Polar bears grow to over 10 feet long and males weigh up to 1300 pounds. Our polar bear design is made from paint and is definitely more of the cuddly type.
6. Hands On Project 411 - Kids helping other kids through their crafts.
"Highly recommended! Easy-to-follow directions make the projects especially accessible." -Booklist
View All Reviews
Add A Review